Posted: 13 Oct 2015 18:35 EDT Last activity: 6 Apr 2018 19:26 EDT
7.1.5 Harness rule not rendering properly in 7.1.9
After upgrading Pega Academy from 7.1.5 to 7.1.9 the pyCaseManger7 harness in the Data-Portal class is not rendering properly. This harness has a standard screen layout with a header section across the top, a navigation section on the left and a content section on the right. Individually, each section previews correctly. However when trying to display them all together, the header appears on the top, the nav section on the left, then it's as if someone added a bunch of newline/carriage returns and forced the content section to appear way down at the bottom of the page, far from the header or nav sections.
I have confirmed that the harness rule is correct in the portal rule, and that the harness and sections match up correctly with a known good 7.1.5 environment. I have checked all settings on each form to ensure they match with the comparable rules in the 7.1.5 environment. There are messages about updated ways to do things in Pega7, and although these will be updated soon, the harness should display without this large blank space and incorrect section rendering as it does now.
If anyone has seen this or has an idea, please let me know.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
This is what the error looks like (7.1.9), showing developer tools data. The blue area is the blank space I referred to with the content section on the bottom. The header and the nav pane are pushed so high up they are not visible here:
This is what it looks like in 7.1.5:
Posted: 6 years ago
Posted: 16 Oct 2015 2:17 EDT
Murali Krishnan Divakaran (divam)
Associate Architect, Cloud Engineering
Yes, we discovered that the issue was JS that was in a non-auto generated section that was a part of this harness. We embedded this section in a dynamic layout (instead of using a section include) and this work around resolved the issue.