Posted: 9 Mar 2015 9:19 EDT Last activity: 14 Aug 2015 14:50 EDT
I have a few questions:
1. When we add a new party using addWorkObjectParty and use "CurrentOperator" data transform we just set two properties the useridentifier and one more. How are all other fields populated?
2. Is it a good pratice to access cover object property values using pyCoverPage.<PropertyName> if this is created/updated after the child case is created. If not, then what is the other alternative?
3. I have 2 months as Goal time in my SLA rule.Even after updating my SLA rules to 5 mins it still take the value of 2 months when i create new cases. Surely seems to be some cache issue. Have you all faced this and how can this be fixed?
1. You do not need to explicity call addWorkObjectParty. You can use your case's Work Parties rule. Also you are free to extend CurrentOperator, for example to obtain the Email address from the OperatorID page, i.e., .pyAddresses(Email).pyEmailAddress. Something else to consider is use of a Data-Admin-Operator-ID Linked Property where you substitute "OperatorID" with the name of your linked property.
2. Best practice is to use Case Management Data Propagation to pass workparty data from the parent to child case. You can choose to pass the entire .pyWorkParty Page Group or a single Work Party at time, e.g., pyWorkParty(Customer).
3. Have you checked in your SLA rule? The SLA Agent cannot see rules in your personal ruleset. If the SLA has already been set and now you change it, you also will not see the change. There are ways to do this if needed.
Apologies if my questions were not very clear. I have further detailed them below.
1. When we use the data transform CurrentOperator we only set .pyWorkPartyUri and .pyPartyNotified. But when we look at the pyWorkPage.pyWorkParty() we find that other fields like First Name, Last Name, Email and many others are automatically populated. We did not set them in the data transform but still they get set. What triggers the population of these other fields that we have not set in the data transform.
2. Data Propagation only takes care of data passing during the instantiation and not after instantiation. In case there is an update made to the parent case after the child case is instatiated and the updated values from cover case is required in the child case how can that be achieved. Should we use pyCoverPage or some other approach should be used.
3. Yes, the SLA was checked in and i created a new case. Should i start and stop the SLA Agent.
Posted: 6 years ago
Posted: 9 Mar 2015 10:32 EDT
Lee Pederson (pedel)
Global Tech Enablement, Principal Instructor - LSA
1. Are you not able to trace what is happening? Data Transforms can call a super class data transform - but this may only set pxCreateDateTime, pxCreateOpName, etc, not Data-Party props. As stated, the Work Parties rule can also set data. An Acivity or Data Transform that sets first, last, and email address is not common. The Data-Admin-Operator-ID.pyAddresses() Property is referenced by a number of rules, e.g., PartyAddOperator. What work party role are you using?
Also: is this Pega 7 or PRPC 6.2? In what environment are you running your Application?
2. It is fine to reference pyWorkCover if needed.
3. You do not need to start/stop the SLA Agent - it does not cache anything. You can use SMA to look at SLA-scheduled queued items. Are you setting the SLA goal time using a property or directly within the SLA rule?
Posted: 5 years ago
Posted: 14 Aug 2015 14:12 EDT
Cecil Howell (howec)
Global Tech Enablement, Senior Instructor