Posted: 23 Jul 2015 11:48 EDT Last activity: 14 Aug 2015 10:45 EDT
Report Definition Is Truncating The Data
Hope all are doing good.
I have a quick question about report defintion which is truncating the data.
I have a report defintion which is having 178 columns in it. And it has various columns which are having description kind of data which have bigger text in those. So all these columns are getting truncated to only 32 characters including spaces and a '+' symbol at the end.
So users are not happy to get the data truncated when they run the report.
I tried to manage the column width in the options of that particular filed by giving both px and % way but of no use.
1. What is the default width size that pega considers if we leave the column width blank?
2. If we have so many columns, how we can manage the width of the columns either px or % and will this option really works?
3. The same is happening when the report got exported into excel sheet. Can this be fixed at least at the excel import?
What are all the possibilities i have for the data not to get truncated? Please help.
2. Identify all the columns and tables that are effected due to this column size.
3. Identify the size of these columns to get increased.
4. Prepare the alter query to update these columns in their respective tables. Please find below the sample sql file for reference.
5. Once the db script is executed, verify the changes by going to Designer Studio->System->Database->modify Schema and select the data base, and select the table and verify for the changes.
6. Once all the db script changes looks good, now follow next steps.
7. For each affected Index Class, open the class rule form, perform a “Test Connection”, and then save the instance. This will ensure that the system recognizes the updates that you made to the class’ associated DB table.
8. For each affected Index Class or regular class, open the Data-Admin-DB-Table instance associated with the class (if one exists), perform a “Test Connection”, and then save the instance. This will ensure the system recognizes the updates made to the Data-Admin-DB-Table instance’s associated DB table.
9. For each affected Index Class, execute the Out Of the Box activity
Code-.RecreateIndexesForClass, this activity takes the class name as parameter, for which you will need to provide the name of the target affected Index Class.
10. Now write an activity which will update all the columns data with respect to the work table.
11. Now, run the report once again and verify whether there are any more text truncation or not. If you still fine any repeat steps from 2-10.