We have a requirement which is raised by a finding from an external audit report.
The finding is that we can change our modal users without any approval mechanism on our production system. The requirement is that no one can change the modal operators with out any approval.
We have to find a way to put this into a very simple process which covers the approval part.
The operator rule type dose not have check-in / out capability. So I think we can not use "Work flow to use for approvals" feature on RuleSet.
We can (but will be tough too) modify the designer studio and remove the "save" button on Operator users and put "Send To Approval" button to trigger a flow but this will also bring some other difficulties to manage as data persistence and so (actually we can handle this If we design this as a case too ) but I am not sure if this is the correct or most feasible way to do that.
What do you think, any other suggestions ?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
We can use below approach for operator updates.
1. Restricted Data-Admin-Operator-ID instance updates for all the operators and exclude this admin users.
2. Create tempcase flow with update and approval assignments.
3. Update assignment will have multiple flow actions to update operator attributes like org,skilss, availability,wrokgroup,workbasket.
4. Preactivity will open operator record and display current details on tempage and user can add/update details.
5. On submission of first assignment send assignment for approve/Reject. On approve you can commit tempage to operator table.
6. Enable this modal flow for admin users.