An Intent Task is a rule type. And this rule type can only have one applies to class at a time. And that is the ONE class in the data source. And each data source represents ONE category. Therefore an Intent Task can only be associated with one category at a time. So the third option in your screenshot is not valid.
If the question had been... "Service cases are.... " " able to be added to multiple categories... then that would be a true statement.
As per the below screenshots, the same data source can be configured to multiple categories. When I click on the "GetMyStatement" Intent Task in both the categories, it's leading me to the same intent task.
Please help me understand. I think I am missing something here.
Thanks a lot Ajay. I was in assumption that both the intent tasks that I've created in the intent tasks landing page led to the same rule but now I've realized that they didn't. Thanks for the clarification.
2. To a specific "category", "category vs Data Source" is "1 vs 1" relationship
3. Different "categories" can use the same "Data Source"
4. From intent task perspective, one Intent Task only belongs to one "Data Source" source-class! And effective got created under source-class; this means "Intent Task vs Data Source / Source Class" is "1 vs 1" relationship. Plus point 3, this means "Intent Task vs category" is "1 vs many" relationship
5. The confusion comes with the "Add Intent Task" screen, "Driver Category" shall be replaced with "Data Source" --> "Intent Task" got created under Source Class - not "category". And as we see in Giridhar's example, two identical Intent Tasks shows up in Intent Tasks landing page.
6. It should be right to say "One Intent Task can be ASSOCIATED with multiple Category"