Posted: 23 Dec 2019 13:32 EST Last activity: 26 Oct 2020 14:49 EDT
Auto Save Functionality in Pega
Business is requesting Auto-save functionality in Pega (like other web applications). When the user is working on the case, Pega should auto save the form/case after x number of minutes (configurable time frame). In case the user losses connection, the case is saved until the last save and he can resume from there. I understand Pega saves the form on click of "NEXT" Button (or SUBMIT button) but business is requesting Auto save feature for long forms.
Do we have OOTB feature in pega to acheive this use case or any alternate solution to acheive this functionality? Also auto save should ignore client validation and save with errors
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update SR Details***
Thanks Sreepriya. Good idea. The function setTimeout executes only once. So, I replaced the function with setInterval which works with my use case. setInterval saves the form every 60 seconds.
Following is my implementation -
1. Added the setInterval script to userworkform
2. added the autosave button in screenflow harness
3. Added Save script in the event action to save the case
It works as expected and saves the form every 60 seconds. However I have the following issues -
1. My form has client side validation (ex., Required field validation). When the save triggers. I am getting pop-up "Please correct flagged fields before submitting the form!" and does not save the form
2. Let's say there are no client side validation in the form. during save operation, the form refreshes and goes blank for a second. This will impact user experience
I believe it has to do with SAVE script itself and nothing to do with Autosave functionality. I have attached the screenshots of the implementation. Pls help on this
I am sure you are well beyond this issue now 10 months later, but for the sake of others who may find this post - to address point #2 "during save operation, the form refreshes and goes blank for a second. This will impact user experience" instead of using the 'Save' action in your action set on the button, instead call the 'Save' activity if you are using Pega 8 or higher.
Assuming the section containing your button is in the Work class, this will point at the predefined save activity that pega has created for work objects which differs from the 'Save' action set option.
Set the bSaveAndContinue parameter to True and enjoy your save without refresh!