I am starting to build some basic logic for a Siebel web app that I have interrogated completely. It seems that nearly every time I change something, save all, and try to run, the build fails. When I restart Visual Studio and run, everything is fine. If it matters, My web adapter has somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 controls and I am using the OpenSpan Siebel adapters. I am a bit suspicious of the Siebel adapters because it has often happened that an exception is thrown when I try to interrogate a Siebel control, but that might be an unrelated problem which the reader is welcome to address. This problem is also resolved by restarting visual studio.
Problem went away after I stopped using the destroyed event of a web page to exit a procedure. The exit looked fine, all my breakpoints tripped right up to the exit tag but the link from the procedure exit to the next automation element was not triggering so I figured something was afoot. Still weird and I would still be grateful for some kind of explanation.
This seems oddly specific to your project. I would suggest that you open a support request and provide them your project code. They should be able to identify the issue from that. If you do open an SR, please record the number here for tracking purposes.