Recently came across a feature called Component Ruleset. While going through the help files, i was able to understand that the rules in this ruleset will be generic and not any class specific rules. More like an API which can be plugged in.
1) But i was not able to use it in my application stack.
2) Also, i did see that the system was requiring a class at the ruleset version level.
3) It was also asking for parameters and Activity / Flows while configuring the ruleset category.
4) Is this component ruleset a different feature from the component that can be added in the application rule by downloading contents from BIX?
Please help me out in finding more information on these topics.
That was very informative. Thanks for the help. But that article dealt with creating / Embedding component rulesets in version lower than 7. Does the tutorial hold good for Pega 7 as well?
1) the Component section in the application rule is where we include a component ruleset that has been created already?
2) I saw the component ruleset being embedded into one of the application ruleset version. What does this exactly mean? is it similar to merging a branch ruleset into an application ruleset? If so, will the current application version contain a copy of the rules from the component ruleset?
One use case that I came across while working with component ruleset is..
An organisation has a list of services (example 10) and multiple implementation applications, but not every application want to use these 10 services.
Service-1, Service-2 are used by Application-1
Service-2, Service-3 are used by Application-2
Service-2, Service-3 and Service-4 are used by Application-3
so instead of keeping it in the organisation layer and giving access to every one, these services are built as individual components and whichever application needs the required services, those are placed in their respective applications.
Thanks for helping out. The info was very useful. I do have few more queries on the same.
1) The component ruleset required us to supply a generic class name for all the rules that are implemented in that ruleset. In this case, you mean to say that the org- would be the class name supplied to this component ruleset. Is that correct?
2) As per the use case above, all the applications have to use a common rulebase. Is that correct?
3) Are component rulesets different from the components that can be included into the application rule?