Posted: 13 Jun 2016 2:45 EDT Last activity: 29 Aug 2016 20:06 EDT
Database Table Class Mapping does not map properties with different ruleset + not saving the changes
I already have a Database Table Class Mapping configured on a specific Ruleset Version (e.g. 01) that maps the columns of a table to properties that are on the same RuleSet Version 01.
I recently updated the database table (I added an additional column) and I also created a new property in order to map the newly added column to it. Note that property is on a more recent RuleSet Version (e.g. 13)
When I edit the Database Table Class Mapping, I can see the new Column Name of the database table and I can mark it for 'Map' to the newly created property (on Ruleset Version 13)..
I can aslo edit the RuleSet Version to the latest version (e.g. 13). After those changes, I click on Save.
When I click on Edit again, I notice that my changes were not saved.
Noe that when I use that property in my activity, I get the following error:
I recently updated the database table 'MX_MIG_VERSION': I added a column called 'VERSION_DATE'.
I also created a new property also called 'VERSION_DATE' that is on a Ruleset Version:01-01-13.
Note that the other properties shown on the below snapshot are on a Ruleset Version: 01-01-01 (all properties are of course on the same class)
Initially, under 'Database Table Class Mapping' I can see my newly added Column Name and Property 'VERSION_DATE' just like it is shown in the snapshot below:
I edited the 'Ruleset Version': I replaced '01-01-01' with '01-01-13' and I checked the last row in order to map the Column 'VERSION_DATE' to its Property just as it is shown in the below snapshot and I clicked on SAVE:
After saving it, I clicked again on the corresponding 'Database Table Class Mapping' and I see that the Ruleset Version is back to 01-01-01 and the mapping for 'VERSION_DATE' is not checked just as shown in the below snapshot:
Although he was able to resolve his specific issue, the problem with the "Database Table Class Mapping" still exists and really should be fixed by Pega. We have this same issue in 7.1.8 and now we know that even in 7.2 the problem has not been addressed.