I tried implementing your use-case in-house(Pega 7.3.1) and "Disable Clickaway" is working as expected. When Overlay is active on UI, clicking on parent screen isn't closing or having any action on UI.
- Navigate to Designer Studio->User Interface->Gallery->UI Elements->OverLay-> View Design Time Configuration(Top right corner).
- Open Cell Properties of "Standard" button and configure "Disable Clickaway".
- Verify, if the issue is occurring with default behaviour or not?
If it's occurring with default credentials, raise an SR with GCS.
Also, try configuring "Center Overlay" option along with "Disable Clickaway" if it resolves the issue, as I have gone through one of the support article mentioning that this helps in resolving the issue.
Hope it helps in resolving the reported problem if it does kindly notify by marking this post as answered.
1. When you try to click on Parent body, can you open debugger and check if there is any errors in console? If yes then can you tell us what is the error?
2. You can also debug yourself. Open "pzpega_ui_popover" js file -> search for "isDisabledClickaway" function or "_clickAwayProvider" function -> add a debugger and replicate the issue. Then you need to debug from here to check what is exactly happening,
open the file and you need to add "debugger;" keyword in the JS file. When you run the usecase and have the browser debbuger open, the process halts at the line in the JS file where the "debugger;" keywordis added.