DOWNLOADING A REPORT TEMPLATE AND EDITING IT AND AGAIN UPLOADING IT TO THE CASE AS AN ATTACHMENT
As per my project requirement, the user should be able to download a report in a predefined format with details pre-populated from the other screens,allowing the assessor to edit the details in the downloaded document.And again the user should have an option to upload the report into the case as an attachment.The report template is shared to me by the client.Kindly help me in doing this
Where are you stuck? Are you having problems with the report, the download, or the attaching? I believe all three are fairly documented so help is a good place to start. If there is a specific hurdle, that would be easier for us to assist. Especially if we knew critical details, like the version of the platform you are running. Also, things like screen shots of your configuration or error messages would be handy.
As per my requirement I have to generate a report as a PDF document. The details should be pre-populated into the report from the screens which are created in the screen flow. How do I pre-populate them into this report ? And how can i download the report in PDF format and edit it ,and upload it back to the case as an attachment. Do i need to use any OOTB activities for this.I am working on PEGA 7.2.2 .Please guide me on this
Reporting is not my specialty so I'm probably the wrong person to ask (I was hoping my clarifying question would inspire someone else, but no such luck. :) ). Here's a few more thoughts and some pointers to where I would start looking.
1. Do you have the report already created? If not, I'd start by looking here...
2. The details you mention, that you got on the screenflow, you mean to use them as parameters, right? They should be on the clipboard already from the screenflow, so I'd look here for passing them as paramiters...
4. My concern is that I think this is a readonly PDF. I think the eform wizard is how you'd want to make editable pdfs. Not sure how that all fits with reports though. Presumably, once the report is on the clipboard, you just pass the data in.
5. Although, why do you want to export it, edit it, and then attach it? Wouldn't it make more sense to get all of the data from in Pega, edit in the system, and then just attach the final pdf? It seems like displaying and allowing users to manipulate data is what we do and might be easier overall.
6. To add any file as an attachment, you'll pretty much do the same thing. It's outlined in the Attachments section here.