While updating from 7.2.0 to 7.2.2, we are getting the below error.
"Update cannot be applied as system contains hotfixes generated after this release was built".
The hotfixes in the environment are all committed so there is no way to rollback them.
Can you please help on how to proceed further?.
I found the link below with the exact error as the title but the link doesn't work.
Error: System contains hotfixes generated after this release was built — forcing an update If your system contains hotfixes that are newer than the update you are attempting to apply, the update fails with the error “This update cannot be applied, the system contains hotfixes generated after this release was built.” The hotfixes are listed in the log file. Use the force update option to bypass this error.
Forcing an update by using arguments.
To force an update by using arguments:
1. Verify the settings in the setupDatabase.properties file. For information about the properties, see Editing the setupDatabase.properties file.
2. At a command prompt, navigate to the Pega-image\scripts directory.
3. Run one of the following commands to force the update:
update.sh --force true
Forcing an update by editing the setupDatabase.properties file To force an update by editing the setupDatabase.properties file:
1. Open the setupDatabase.properties file in a text editor: Pega-image\scripts\setupDatabase.properties
2. Add the following line anywhere in the setupDatabase.properties file: force.ml.update=true
3. Save and close the file.
4. At a command prompt, navigate to the Pega-image\scripts directory.
5. Run either update.bat or update.sh.
That is Run the update.bat script with the "--force=true" option.