I am working in 7.1.6 version, I have a case description which needs to send to external system as an input to xml. We are using escapeForXSL methos in String library, which ideally should replace special characters &,<,>,', etc. with &,<,>:, etc.
This is not working as expected, even repalceAll function is not working as expected in this context , I am thinking it is a product issue.
You should create a SR if you can replicate the issue easily. As a local solution, you can write a single java step to debug the code in the function, it should be pretty straightforward why it did not work.
Yes i tried exactly what you mentioned, i Copied the same java code in an activity java step and tried to set the return result to local variable but still it is not working and even i tried replaceAll function in String library but no use.