Posted: 15 Jun 2016 7:49 EDT Last activity: 16 Jun 2016 6:49 EDT
Getting a null pointer exception while creating a top level case - pyTopCasePage missing
Below is my course of actions:
1) I have hosted a REST service in pega.
2) I call this service with the Advance REST client (for simulation).
3) When the request from the external system comes, the service runs and in turn the service activity of the service runs.
4) From that service activity I start a new flow to create a cover object. I use StartFlow activity. (For Eg: I am calling the 'CreateCoverCase' flow)
5) The 'CreateCoverCase' flow is started and the first flow shape (after the start shape off course) is a 'CreateCase' shape. I have specified my case type in the 'CreateCase' shape and process is auto populated.
Now when I run the tracer, I see that the request comes in and 'CreateCoverCase' flow is started. When it reaches the 'CreateCase' shape, pega internally calls the CreateWorkPage activity and this activity calls the pxCreateTopCase activity.
At this point I am getting an alert exception EXCP0001 and get a failed step with the below error message.
** ** @hasMessages(pyTopCasePage) null
Could you please let me know how I can fix this ? isn't 'pyTopCasePage' auto created by pega ? any clue why its not created ?
We are glad to know that you were able to fix the issue by yourself. Thank you for updating the thread with the resolution. The information will be very helpful to users who come across a similar scenario.