Posted: 7 Oct 2015 18:44 EDT Last activity: 17 Oct 2015 9:42 EDT
Hidden flow action buttons showing on local action until case is refreshed
I have a requirement where the cancel button on a local action must return to the previous step instead of closing out of the case. To implement, I have hidden the default buttons on the local action and added custom buttons to the section instead. Problem is, when the local action is selected from an assignment without the default buttons hidden, the hidden buttons on the local action display along with the added custom buttons. Once the screen is refreshed, in this case using the refresh local action, the hidden buttons are actually hidden and only the custom buttons display. Is this an issue with Pega or is there something wrong with the code?
2a. When the user is on an assignment where the default buttons are not hidden, and the user clicks this local action to close the case, both the OOTB buttons and the custom buttons display in the local action section. Once the screen is manually refreshed the OOTB no longer appear, as intended.
>2a. When the user is on an assignment where the default buttons are not hidden, and the user clicks this local action to close the case, both the OOTB buttons and the custom buttons display in the local action section. Once the screen is manually refreshed the OOTB no longer appear, as intended
If you have not hide default action buttons and your custom buttons always visible, aren't you going to see two rows of buttons?
It's hard to follow your descriptions, could you share the sequence of the screenshots or a vedio which shows the what's happening?
Thanks for the reply, Chunzhi. I tried creating a new section without any buttons, and the OOTB buttons still display on the initial load of the local action, and disappear once the screen is refreshed.
Also tried adding new buttons instead of copying and they also appeared with the OOTB buttons on load.
Hey Chunzhi, I figured I would give you an update on this. Turns out there were 2 issues. For some reason UI-Kit-7 was not in the applications ruleset stack, which caused some confusion trying to reproduce my issue, and somewhere along the way, the layout containing pyCaseActionArea was incorrectly updated in pyCaseContainer. Once the layout was reverted to the OOTB state everything started working as designed. Thanks again for all of the help!