How to create a Page List and Repeating Grid UI with App Studio
Below is a very simple UI that I created on Dev Studio.
(1) Create a Page List property that references MyCo-MyApp-Data-Product class.
(2) Create a table that is sourced on above Page List property so end user can add rows inline freely.
Above is a very easy, simple and regular use case in an application. Now, I am practicing App Studio. I would expect that this is feasible using ONLY App Studio, without having to switch to Dev Studio. Is this possible? Can someone help how I can achieve this with App Studio?
To meet your requirement from within App Studio, you need to do the following:
1. Create a new Data Type called Product by clicking Data -> Data types and integrations -> New.
2. Specify 'Now' as 'Define source data' and System as 'Pega'.
3. Add fields to the data model and records under the Records type in the Data designer.
4. Open case designer by clicking Case types -> <Your case type>.
5. Add 'Product' to the Data model and specify the type as Field group (list) and choose your Product data type.
6. Go to Views tab and open the view to which you need to add the repeating grid with the page list as the source. Expand Fields and select Product and add it to the view. You can select individual columns you want to add to the grid.
7. Save your changes and run your flow. You should be able to verify that the repeating grid shows up on your screen now.
Thank you for the response. I was able to make it. The UI looks different by default and if I want to change it to the looks I showed in my original post.
In Dev Studio, I would configure it from inline edit mode as shown below. This configuration is not possible in App Studio, right? I mean, my guess is any configuration as to "Layout properties" or "Cell properties" are entirely NOT allowed in App Studio, and you need to switch to Dev Studio. Is my understanding correct?