if openspan is not supporting PDF integration & OCR feature,then what is the solution incase if we have a requirement where we need to work with PDF Documents & suppose if we have arequiremnt where we need to read text from scanned PDF documents ,in that case we need OCR or Some PDF compoment is need which is not available in openspan,please suggest some solution for this.
We have a requirement where thru openspan , we should interrogate a open a PDF document , then interrogate a particular section/text in the pdf and sends the information/text back to the calling system.
Can you please update on this as you told this part was under development ? Is the solution available in PEGA openspan 8.0 ?
We raised a PEGA SR to get the plugins needed to update our software version from 8.0.1016 to 8.0.1037 ( I believe this is the latest version of PEGA Robotics) . Sometime back we got the link to download below two files :
1. Robotic Automation Studio 8.0.1037 - 115431_PEGA_RAS ( 415 MB)
2. Robotic Automation Studio Plug-in - 115433_PEGARASP (71 MB)
1. I am assuming that PDF reading issue fix is also available in 8.0.1037 ?
2. Do we need to do a fresh installation taking the above two software or is there any way we can just update it ?
3. We have already built a certain portion of code in 8.0.1016 version . After we move to 8.0.1037 , how can we move the code to 8.0.1037 version which developed in 8.0.1016 version ?
You will need to install the newer version. It will overwrite your existing installation effectively upgrading it. When you open your solution in 1037, it will upgrade automatically. Please be aware this upgrade is likely one-way, so back up your solution beforehand.
I have the same requirement now , as we get invoices in pdf format and got to OCR that data !! Did you get a solution which works for this ? Appreciate if you can share the steps as I am a newbie to RPA world !!
Thank you for posting your query in the PSC. This looks like an inactive post and hence, we suggest you create a new post for your query. Click on the Write a Post button that’s available on the top right pane of this page. Once created, please reply back here with the URL of the new post.
You may also refer this discussion link as a reference in the new thread