Posted: 5 Feb 2018 22:43 EST Last activity: 9 Feb 2018 15:58 EST
How to know RDA usage
One of our prospects asking us on how we could know RDA usage, not RPA, working on 3,000 PCs. "RDA usage" here can mean: "How many users are actually using RDA in the year?", "How many times was the RDA used among all 3,000 PCs in a day/week/month/year?", etc. Can we somehow take such information systematically?
The things that comes to my mind is:
(1) Log4Net Publisher ... Can it be a realistic approach? There are too many files across 3,000 PCs, and too many rows even in the single log file.
(2) Manually-created counter ... In the Automation logic, we can outputs some execution log to the external file share or something.
(3) Workforce Intelligence ... Can it be used also for monitoring Robotics activities?
(4) Robot Manager ... As for counting Automation executions, I think Robot Manager can just be used for RPA, not RDA.
Which approach is reasonable? Or do we have a better option?
Usage reporting will be added to the Robot Manager in the future. I cannot comment on where it is in the road map. You should reach out to the product team. In the interim, some customers are saving this type of information to a database using the SQL Connector.
Posted: 2 years ago
Updated: 2 years ago
Posted: 8 Feb 2018 20:21 EST Updated: 8 Feb 2018 20:20 EST
We had a similar ask from the business and achieved it by using two approaches:
1)Pega- We configured an activity to run when ever an event is fired in our application. However, this approach will track only the triggered count.
2) Openspan- In this approach we are tracking both the number of triggers and the time it took from the start to the end of the automation.At the session ending, we are exporting all the clocked info to an external database.
I would prefer to go through Open Span approach has its gives us a comprehensive Utilization Reports. Let me know how it goes and feel free to reply if you need any more info.