I could not get report definition (RD) results because one of select column in RD is of type 'text' (instead of varchar2) in database. Look like 'text' type is not supported in pega 7 where as pega 6.3 does.
How did i traced it?
I checked out a RD and added select columns one-by-one. Results were not displayed when i add the above field in RD.
Try run raw report definition and see if you can get results.
In My scenraio, When i provide data source as Report Defination to Auto complete field, i don't see any issue. after submitting the work object and reopen the object i see values are getting rendered. When i use Data page (which is associated with RD) as data source to Auto completed Field and select the result from dropdown. i see values been updated in clipboard, after sumbit and reopen the same work object i don't see those results in UI and Clipboard. I have asked customer to check DB, he didn't find values to that properties in DB.
Customer is facing this issue after upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1.9 Version.
Let me know if you have any suggestion on this issue. I have requested customer to call activity with commit method on change of auto complete field. to know whether values are storing in DB or not with Data page configuration.