plugins installed, environment variables set (if someone could tell me which way around import/export are. i want to test firstly just taking an application off a pega environment and storing it in a file first)
i have a personal edition running 7.3.1 on port 8081, login details are admin@Test pass:admin,
jenkins servier on port 8081
i've gotten to the point shown in the below console output in jenkins:
Could you share the screenshots of your Jenkins Job configuration along with the Environment variables which are declared in Jenkins. Also share the jenkins-build.xml file which is available in your prpcServiceUtils.
After our analysis in the screenshare the issue seems to be related to the personal edition which might not be supported for the prpcserviceutils using jenkins as we don't see prpcServiceUtils.bat/.sh file in distribution image. So you will perform the similar test with your development environment and update the status to us.
Had a screenshare with Aaron and performed the jenkins integration with a new Jenkins Job. The functionality is working as expected after using the latest downloaded prpcServiceUtils_73 utility. So the issue might be coming from the changes done in the prpcServiceUtils utility.
I've tried to setup Jenkins-Pega integration just to import RAP file from one environment [Pega Personal Edition V7.3]. But the build fails with the error, "Connection Property file -Dprpc.service.util.action=export is not a valid file".
I've followed all your posts and tried to re-run the build by changing various settings. But no luck. I've attached my Jenkins configuration, JenkinsBuild.xml, console output, prpcServiceUtilsProperties & prpcServiceUtilsWrapper files.
Kindly go through and let me know if you need additional details
FYI, when I run the prpcserviceutils.bat from command line, it generates product file as expected. Facing issues only with Jenkins integration.
if you can also send the file it generates in the job folder, will be something like : jenkins-Pega73Job-144_export.properties
this is the file it uses for it's properties file. inside this should have all the values with actual information, not the placeholder mappings. if a placeholder is still there in a key field, it would cause the issue you had
Meanwhile i can see that the SourceUser is defined in the String Parameters which needs to be removed and also remove the spaces which you have in SourceHost, SourceUser and SourcePassword from Property Content section.
Also noticed some more issues in your configuration as follows:
ARTIFACTS_DIR=C:/MyInstalls/Jenkins (Jenkins installation directory) -> in your case path contains both forward and backward slashes.
ImportExistingInstances property -> in your case it is ImportExistingInstance
In exportprops target advanced configuration you need to specify the jenkins-build.xml file for example: $PEGA_HOME\scripts\samples\jenkins\Jenkins-build.xml
Command should be %PEGA_HOME%\scripts\utils\prpcServiceUtils.bat export --connPropFile %WORKSPACE%\%SystemName%_export.properties --artifactsDir %WORKSPACE% but in your case it is %PEGA_HOME%\scripts\utils\prpcServiceUtils.bat export --connPropFile %PEGA_HOME%\scripts\utils\%SystemName%_export.properties --artifactsDir %WORKSPACE%
These are the noticed issues in your shared document and i would suggest you to cross check your configuration with the documents available in my blog, until unless your configuration is correct the build wont be successful and its hard to find the root cause also.
Then the last thing that i would need to know is whether your Product rule has any unlocked rulesets? If so then kindly check the "Allow unlocked ruleset versions?" checkbox in your product rule and have a try. If still it doesn't work then open the source environment then go to App explorer > Open the instances of Log-PegaRemoteManagement-Export class(it will contain list of instances of your export builds, in that you can open the most recent instance and check its XML content which might have the exact root cause error of your failure).
I could see the below parameter values in my export properties file. all values looks fine to me. Rest server URL also looked fine in the output console. If you see any wrong entries, please highlight.
this is an example of mine, it is based off a product rule and not an application. this is the minimum you need to specify when using prpcUtils. your options seem fine to me, i havn't tested it with the applicationName/Version info also being set at the same time ensure that this property file is being read back in by jenkins this should be from inside the jenkins-build.xml file, you might need to change the directory it is looking for this file at