Launching local action on when condition not working
On change of dropdown value we are trying to launch a local action. We are having a when condition for launch of the Local Action. Though when condition is executed sucessfully, Local Action is not launched.
If When rule contains the property associated with the dropdown then only we are facing the issue.
Steps To replicate:
1. Add a dropdown in the section and configure Action set to have "Change" event and Action "Local Action".
2. Add When condition (When rule) for Local Action. When rule should contain the property associated with dropdown control.
I tried using the associated property in an activity and doing validation. And I am using other property (TrueFalse) as flag to store the result of validation. The flagged property is having issue. The actual value of property is not being used in the when condition of Local Action. Then I tried using When rule, which also didn't work
Hi, please check the following:
1) Are you able to find local action stream coming up in tracer or not? Check stream rules, exception s in the settings of the tracer.
2) If it is seen in tracer but not in the browser, please check the browser settings and try with other browser.
3) Is Local Action working properly without when condition. You can also use Always OOTB when rule in the when for debugging.
4) Also find the if any console errors coming up on the browser developer tools.
5) Use network tab in the browser developer tools to see if content is loaded properly or not.
I had tried all those steps. To tell more about the issue, without when condition it works fine. And if I use Associated property and add conditions, then also it works. If I use "always" when rule then also it works. But if I use when rule with the property associated with the dropdown, then it doesn't work. Validation is complex, I need to use when rules or set a flag in Activity based on the validation and use the flag in when condition of Local Action. This is not working for me.
Please provide collected tracer log. From tracer log, we can see if local action is invoked or not. Also, I noticed that you local action is displayed as a modal dialog, do you see any popup comes out?
I followed your use case and created an example on my Pega 7.2.1 system.
It worked for couple times. The local action was invoked. The Modal Dialog was launched. See attached screenshot.
However, after it worked 2-3 times, then it suddenly stopped working. I even restarted my system but it still did not work. I really don't know what happened. I captured the screenshots for the working one though.