Lift & Shift Approach for Upgrade Pega 7.2.2 to Pega 8.2
Wanted to check if lift and shift approach is still valid for Pega 8 upgrade. Here is the step which I wanted to check if that will work for Upgrade.
1. Upgrade your Development Environment with maybe Out of Place Double migration approach (For example).
2. Take dump of upgraded PegaRULES from DEV.
2. Copy the dump of PegaRULES 8.x to each of the higher environments (TEST, UAT, Pre-Production).
4. Clone the PegaData schema from existing environment.
5. Run Upgrade.sh –dataOnly true to upgrade the Pegadata 7.2.2 to PegaDATA 8.x for each higher environment.
Thanks in advance for your valuable thoughts on this.
In many instances our users were tried with –dataOnly is equal to true and the upgrade process also done without any issues however in few instances they got into some issue the below is one scenario. As long as –dataOnly option exist in the upgrade process, It is valid for 8x.
The first pass of the migrate script is cloning the rules tables plus the pr_data_admin table which is in the data schema to the new rules schema. The pr_data_admin table is needed for the rules schema upgrade.
#Set to true if migrating before an upgrade. If true admin table(s) required
#for an upgrade will be migrated with the rules tables.