Has anyone ever had the localization wizard NOT generate the zip file of values to be translated? I click to download the extract, and it completes, however the file is never sent to my downloads folder. I am in a unique scenario...explained below.
The wizard originally worked fine for me. I am an English speaking developer working on a Spanish speaking application. When the wizard worked correctly, our system was set as the en_US locale.
Recently, I had cloud support update our system to have the es_CR locale. As soon as this happened, the issue began. I understand that you really would never need to translate an application from Spanish to Spanish, however it is necessary for me to develop in English now, and translate it to Spanish later.
As of now, my solution is going to be to keep the dev environment set up as en_US, so I can continue normal development, and then later run the localization wizard. My test, staging, production environments would be set as es_CR, and everything would run correctly.
Is this something that others have run into? Is this something that could be considered a defect, or am I stretching beyond the intended use of the localization wizard?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update categories***
On my Pega 7.2 system, I tried the localization wizard (select Designer Studio >User Interface > Localization Tools > Translate to New Language). I did a translation for my personal rules from English to Spanish. It was successful. The generated zip file (Translation_Spanish_2017-09-26_18-33-55.zip) was downloaded in 'Downloads' folder.
I am also on 7.2. The wizard works fine for translating a Spanish pack, as long as my system locale is not Spanish. If I have the cloud admins change the system to es_CR however, the Spanish translator will no longer work.
If in your system, you try to generate an English language pack, does it still generate a file for you?
I have no idea what is going on. There is nothing in the logs. For now, my solution is to keep the dev environment set as en_US, so I can run the localization wizard for Spanish language, but to have staging/prod set as es_CR so that system based actions...correspondence sent via SLA in particular, run under the desired locale.
That is the problem. I am doing a Smart Dispute install, and he framework is entirely in English. Also, all of our developers are English speaking. So, by default, all of our rules are developed in English, but we then need to run the wizard to translate a Spanish language pack. Our production users will all be Spanish users, and the production environment will be set to use a Spanish locale. Ideally, the wizard would be able to handle this sort of scenario. Our current solution is to just have the dev environment set as an English locale so we can run the translation wizard, and keep the production environment set as a Spanish locale so that it behaves as needed for our client.