Missing Toolbox Icons for Pega Robotics Components
I am running Pega Robotics 8.0 on Windows 10 and have been missing (in more ways than one) the icons for Pega Robotics components in the Toolbox. I have researched this and it appears to be more of a Visual Studio 2015 problem than a Pega Robotics problem, but it is really annoying. It's a lot easier to spot components when the icon is present.
Here's what I tried:
1) Running what was supposed to be a Microsoft fix: vs14-kb3095681 which had no effect.
2) Deleted C:\Users\< user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ImageLibrary\ImageLibrary.cache
3) Deleted C:\Users\< user name>\AppData\Local\iconcache.db
4) Tried running Pega Robotics Studio as Administrator
Can anyone help me find my missing icons?
***Updated by Moderator: Marissa to add SR details***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Good one Ed. I have been having the same issue on one of my machines and have not found a fix for it either. Just to be clear, are you running standalone Pega Robotics Studio or the Visual Studio Plugin? I would recommend opening a SR - if you do that please reply in here with the SR# so that we can track the issue.
The .NET Framework version that your project targets also affects the set of controls visible in the toolbox. By default, Visual Studio 2013 projects target the .NET Framework 4.5.1. You can set your project to target a different version of the .NET Framework by selecting the project node in Solution Explorer, and then browsing to Properties/Application/Target Framework.
Show All - Shows all possible controls (not just the ones that apply to the current designer).
I looked at the page, but it is more complicated than that. The actual controls show up, but not the icons associated with them. And it is just the Pega Robotics controls that seem to have the problem, but not all of them, just most of them. For example, all of the Variables except String have icons. All of the Runtime controls have icons. Pretty much all of the rest of them are missing.
By modifying the DPI settings to 'small' on windows 7, we were able to get all of the the icons to display.
Please follow the next steps:
1. Rigth click on your desktop and choose Personalize. 2. Click the Display link at the bottom left corner. 3. Choose 'Small' and click apply. NOTE: You may be required to log off for the settings to be adjusted. 4. Open Robotics Studio. 5. Open an automation and open the toolbox. 6. Right-click on any item in the toolbox. 7. Choose 'Reset Toolbox'
Note: Changing the DPI settings (steps 1 - 3) may be different in other versions of Windows OS.