Modal Dialog with PDF forces iPhone to refresh page
can anyone help me please with this scenario.
I have a screenflow and when I move to another screen, some activities will be executed to generate and list PDF documents on that page. This works fine. Now the user has to do the following steps
1. User presses a button that opens a new modal dialog. This modal dialog contains two action buttons and a cancel button.
2. When clicking on action button 1 a script downloads a PDF document and performs a data transform to acitvate action button 2.
3. This download works fine on browsers and ANDROID devices. The modal dialog is kept open and action button is activated.
When using iOS devices, the PDF document will automatically opened in a predefined APP, e.g. iBooks. As soon as the user wants to leave this app, he will be asked to submit the form again. When submitting the whole screenflow page will be reloaded and the user has to press the initial button again to open the modal dialog again.
My questions are:
(1) Is there any trick to prevent a submit in iOS?
(2) If submitting cannot be avoided, how can I guarentee, that the user will stay on that modal dialog?
1. Do we know what form the message relates to here ? Presumably something about the Modal Dialogue and/or the 'Action Set' is generating a HTML form ? (If you do a view source or F12 on a Desktop browser - can we confirm which Form is being referred to here ?).
2. From your screenshot; it looks like you are pressing a 'back' button here; so at the point when the screen shows the 'Open iBooks' screen; is this Safari showing us the equivalent of the (desktop) 'Download Screen' do you know ?
How are you displaying the PDF by the way - are you using the 'Code-Pega-PDF.View' Activity or a Java Step ?
(If a Java Step are you using the 'sendFile' API - and if so - what flags have you set?).
Thank you everyone for your help. We redesigned the flow here so that all Apple Devices will be directed to an alternate stage. Nevertheless I like to answer your questions - may be it will help you and others.
@ Mounika - The download on the modal dialog will be executed by JS with this statement