I'll start with why I need this, and maybe there's a simpler way to achieve my end goal.
So my solution to this was to start chrome with the argument: --user-data-dir="<SomePath>". Then force only that instance of chrome to close, allowing me to access the Cookie db at that user-data-dir path without worrying about other instances of chrome locking it.
This works for clearing the cookies, but what I've noticed is that the plugin will only attach/recognize to the first user-data-dir loaded. This is reproducible in interrogation, if I launch Adapter-A with no arguments, and then launch Adapter-B with a different user-data-dir, Adapter B does not recognize its page, but Adapter A does (see attachment, Adapter-A had pega.com loaded and matching). The inverse is also true, launching Adapter-B first causes Adapter-A to not recognize pega.com (or other pages loaded under this user-data-dir). It seems the plugin only associates with the first user data directory it's launched with.
Any help with either automating clearing cookies for chrome (we can't disable them for that site, the site will not function with cookies disabled), or getting the chrome adapter to recognize multiple user data directories would be appreciated. We're currently using v8.0.1111, but if there is a fix for this in a later version, that would also work, as we are in the progress of upgrading to SP1.
In terms of altering the plugin, you can request a enhancement via your Practice or Engagement Leader (or really any of your account contacts can assist you). I would first start by opening a support request though and see what they respond with in terms of being able to resolve that issue. As for clearing the cookies, I would suggest trying to search for a means of doing so from a command. If this can be done via the command line, then you could potentially trigger that command from within an automation. The suggestions I have found though indicate that Chrome must be closed beforehand though, so your mileage may vary.