Posted: 3 May 2017 11:44 EDT Last activity: 10 May 2017 4:03 EDT
Need help in Setting SLA through property dynamically.
Application A - case ON-1 linked with Application B - Case BA-1
ON-1 can be submitted only when BA-1 is Resolved.
A Case ON-1 in Application A Sits in an assignment with work status Pending-Assign. When user tries an Action we call a Service to check the status of BA-1. If its not resolved, we need to change the Status of ON-1 to Pending-Approval and set an SLA. I can do that through property with the Assignment SLA referencing the property. But the SLA is not getting set.
1. Had a dummy flow action looped back to the assignment in the flow.
2. set the SLA in a property and looped through the pxflow of the case ON-1 till the assignment I want the sla to be assigned matches.
3. Once the assignment matches took the pzinskey and called complete assignment by calling the dummy flow action. Now since the assignment SLA is refered by the property the SLA is SET for the assignment.
You may want to investigate how the SLA gets set in the first place. For instance, if you look at a Pega trace of the steps when you initially establish the SLA, find the answers to these questions:
1) What rules or API's are being engaged to establish the SLA? You'll want to use some of those same ones if you need to CHANGE the SLA.
2) If your SLA rule is specifying a property, when is the value of the property being looked at? If it's only being looked at at the time the SLA is established, then changing the property's value later won't affect the SLA.