The Embedded section also looks like what it was in Pega 7 version named as Section inside layout
The Legacy layouts are those layouts which were supported previously by the application and you should mostly avoid using them in your newer application design. All of the legacy layouts comes with a warning and suggestion of using other new Dynamic or grid layout.
Regarding Hierarchical table refer the attachment.
As I told Embedded section also looks like what it was in Pega 7 version named as Section inside layout(refer the attachment). the section include is generally needed when you want to include any other section in your layout.
You can look into below discussion on section include
My last question was only about Ajax. I dint understand why did u share those links about embedding section and dynamic container.I am not even asking about Ajax in 7.3 , as u mentioned they(Ajax control) existed in lower versions , i want to know where i can see it, in which version and how to use it?
When I said "But the layout in Ajax based are same as it was in pega 7 versions" I meant about Dynamic container and Embedded section which you are seeing in "Ajax based Layout" in pega 7.3 seems similar to Dynamic Container and Section in Pega 7 layout.
Now if you are asking about other Ajax feature in pega used either in pega 7.3 or previous version, I am not aware of those.
Grid, Tree, Tree Grid layouts from the older releases are renamed to Table, Hierarchical List, Hierarchical table respectively in Pega 7.3
The question is phrased very ambiguously. It clubs layouts and controls and specifies a version. I'm guessing thats why we are seeing some confusion on the answers. I request that questions be asked more clearly going forward.
Reading between the lines and trying to guess what the question is, here is some info:
1. When authoring a section, we have three pallets in the tool bar, namely "Layout", "Basic" and "Advanced". The "Layout" pallet allows you to drag and drop different kinds of layouts. The other two pallets are related to configuring controls. Controls are categorized into "Basic" and "Advanced" and the two pallets correspond to them.
2. The "Layout" pallet's organization has undergone some change in 7.3 when compared to older versions.
3. The layouts are now organized into "Basic", "Row/List based", "Ajax based" layouts and older layout formats that are not recommended are organized under the "Legacy structures".
4. Grid, Tree, Tree Grid layouts from the older releases are renamed to Table, Hierarchical List, Hierarchical table respectively.
5. Information regarding layout authoring is present in Pega 7.3 help under Contents the contents tab: User interface > User interface rules > Harness and section forms
6. AJAX based layouts classification groups two kinds of "layouts" which leverage AJAX and are somewhat different. An "Embedded section" is another section included in this section. And the dynamic container is something that you use in the portal harness. See help for more details.