New context values from Interaction.xml not recognized during debugging
I'm trying to add some custom context values into my interaction.xml in order for them to show up on my AgileDesktop. Right now I'm able to have the values show up on the AgileDesktop and as valid properties in my Interaction Manager object; however, when I try to debug, I get an error saying the property can't be recognized. I already tried Build>Clean and restarting my solution. This error also happens when I remove existing context values from the interaction.xml. If I used those context properties at any point in the past (and have since deleted them from my solution), OpenSpan will try to look for them and give me error warnings about missing objects. I've made changes to the interaction.xml before and the changes applied just fine. Not sure if this is a caching issue or I'm just missing something.
See error message. I get this after I've added the properties to the Context section in the xml and incorporated them into my InteractionManager property block.
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to update categories***
Not sure if you are aware that we have an Ask the Expertsession thats ongoing now for Pega Robotics! I would like to invite you to ask your question to Jeff Badger, our expert on Pega Robotics (formerly OpenSpan)
Click Ask the Expert to leave a reply and our expert will help you out!
When you make changes to the Interaction.xml, you need to do a set process to ensure that those changes are recognized by the solution.
Save the changes to the Interaction.xml
Each container in your solution where an InteractionManager component exists must be made dirty – the change to the Interaction.xml does not do this automatically.A simple way to do this is to add a variable to the container and then delete it .
Save each container once it has been made dirty. This will cause the InteractionManager component to pick up the changes to the Interaction.xml.
Clean your solution.
Build your solution – the changes should be reflected.
This process is time consuming for sure and has been addressed. In a release in the near future you will not need to go through this process. Stand by for the new process.