Posted: 28 Sep 2015 8:29 EDT Last activity: 28 May 2017 22:23 EDT
Page-Set-Messages in Pre Activity
Hey, I'm using Page-Set-Messages on the Pre Activity. When the assignment is opened in Perform, screen loads and triggers thepage-set-message from the pre activity. But the error message is not shown on the UI, but i can see the message on clipboard. Any help would be highly appreciated!!!
Hope this might help you: Shortly I will explain how to get your messages visible on UI.
Background: It used to work up to 6.3 SP1 (I have reached out to Pega GCS team and they confirmed that a bug in 6.2 made it work . I know it's new theory). A hot fix in 6.3 on wards made it working (if you are using 63 or 6.3 SP1, you can contact GCS for hotfix).
How Page-Set-Messages method works (per GCS):
I guess your scenario might be similar: A Data- section was being refreshed and message was being set on work-. It does not work that way, whenever you are using a Page-Set-Messages method in your work class activity, you should not call this activity from a data class activity by using page. Because there has to be single call for page set to persist when you will be refreshing work section. Otherwise it will be removed.
So, try using Property-Set-Messages even though you don't want to account the error message you display on UI to any property (but try to specify your page property as the target property for error message).
I had opened an SR back in April this year and had it going for couple months with discussions, debates etc..Resolution for the SR was ( SR-132046) that Pega GCS will open an enhancement request so that Page-Set-Messages will display messages with out too much of logic that's mentioned above in bold.
My section is from work class. I don't have any button. I'm just loading the assignment, while loading in pre activity I'm setting a Page-Set-Message. I have checked my Harness rule as well, it has Show Form level errors selected with "Top of Harness". Still not able to see the result.
I just created a sample Case Type and replicated the scenario in 7.1.7. This looks like a bug in PRPC and a possible SR . By definition pre-processing activity is executed first and then the UI rendering happens. In the same scenario, If we are to display a section with new clipboard data, we all know it works. And the message on clipboard page or property to that matter should get displayed too.