PDF not getting displayed in section for some of the work objects
We are using Pega 7.2.2 version, we had a requirement to display the pdf in a section. For this I did the configuration (attached), there were no issues identified during testing and we promoted the code to Prod. In Prod we see that for few work objects the pdf doesn't get displayed and a grey area(attached) is displayed instead.
We suggest the users to use Google Chrome as the preferred browser but when I open the same work object which was causing issue in Chrome, displays the pdf normally in Fire fox. We are not able to replicate this issue in lower environments - we tried creating pdfs around 10-12 mb and all possible cases like including images etc. but we couldn't succeed in replicating it.
Do we have any restriction in Chrome as such or do we need any change in the configuration itself?
***Moderator Edit-Vidyaranjan: Updated SR details***
When open the same case which is causing issue in Chrome, it opens normally in Firefox. It displays the pdf in that section.
You said try opening the case using Adobe Reader - When I download the pdf, there is no problem what so ever, but the problem is to display the pdf on the section and its normal with 90% of the cases but its causing problem for few cases.
"I would also like to understand, the differences in use case from when it works in Chrome and when it doesn't."
You said that 95% of the time it works in Chrome, and 5% of the time it doesn't. I wanted to know, what are the use cases being tested when it works, and how are they different from the use cases that do not work.
We follow the same sequence of steps in each and every case. The only difference would be the difference in content of PDF. The working and non working cases have got images, tables, text etc. There is no special thing which I found in non working cases. We tried with around 8mb of PDF as well but it gets displayed normally.