Pega 7 Personal Edition installer jar seems to assume a Windows OS system.
- The JDK bundled seems to be for Windows
- Even if we use Linux JDK, the installer fails since it seems to "exec" some .exe files meant for Windows
Is there a way to install it on a Linux system? A different binary? Or perhaps some workarounds?
Am afraid that URL was not of much help. e.g.,
1. It implies there is an install.sh. In the Pega7 PE download, there is no install.sh.
2. It implies there is a generateDDL.sh. I didn't find any such file.
3. The bundled JRE appears to be meant for Windows; so I installed JRE 1.8 manually, set JAVA_HOME correctly and then ran this command (based on what I saw in install.bat):
java -Xms128M -Xmx512M -jar PRPC_PE.jar
4. I selected all the installation processes to run (Initialization, Install DB Server, Load Pega Platform Database, Create Desktop shortcuts, Launch Pega Platform)
5. After reaching "Database Server Installaion", I got an error indicating the failure of an exec call to a .exe file - initdb.exe. It appears to have failed because it is meant for Windows. I could not get any docs/how-tos that describe how to install pgsql separately, load the pegarules DB separately and configure Pega to access that separate installation.
Posted: 3 years ago
Posted: 20 Apr 2018 4:19 EDT
Lochana Durgada Vijayakumar (Lochan_DV)
Lead Technical Documentation Specialist
I have managed to write an installation script for Pega Personal Edition for Linux. The script is specific for ubuntu (uses apt package manager). However if you use a different flavour of linux, just changing the package manager in scripts should help.
I have managed to write an installation script for Pega Personal Edition for Linux. The script is specific for ubuntu (uses apt package manager) as of now. However if you use a different flavour of linux, just changing the package manager in scripts should help.