Pega 7 is latest version of product available. It allows users to build UI leveraging HTML5 features including enhanced media, cross platform support etc. HTML5 (across devices) & CSS3 (across browsers) compliant as compared to Pega 6.
- V7 leverages split schema for rules and data (Vs) V6 had both in the same schema.
-V7 Development can happen in IE & Chrome (Vs) V6 development can occur only in IE.
-In V7's has breadcrumbs designing for processing of work objects with fully exploiting Case Management functionalities with the help of Case Types, Stages & Steps clearly splitting the work and providing routing features at each levels. And they were in limited for Pega 6.
- Rule resolution process has enhanced tremendously in Pega 7 , thus enabling faster and smoother user experiences apart from lessor maintainance overhead.
- In Pega 7, we have Pega Express for quickly creating application even for designers with non code background. Earlier, in Pega 6 application accelerator were available.
- There is Live UI inspector for inspecting UI elements while developing applications in Pega 7 replacing Rules Inspector of Pega 6.
-Application Based Validation is the 'default option' in V7 (Vs) Ruleset Based Validation is the 'only option' in V6.
-Data types have replaced data tables in V7
Sophisticated Data pages (Parametrization & Various Sourcing) in V7 (Vs) Declare Pages in V6.
-Smart Shapes were introduced in V7 (Vs) no such shapes in V6.
-V7 flows are developed only in process modeler (Vs) V6.2 had 2 options; visio & modeler.
-Look and feel are configured using mixins / formats in V7 Skin (also inheritance is allowed from 7.2.0) (Vs) branding wizard in V6.2
V7 Skins have "responsive breakpoint configurations" that aid with seamless UI rendering across devices (Vs) no such thing in V6
-V7 date+property based circumstancing is very robust (Vs) V6 just had traditional capabilities.
- V7 Report definitions can include unexposed properties (Vs) V6 requires any reported property to be exposed.
- V7 does not require dedicated starter flows in the implementation layers unlike V6.
- V7 UI Tabs were built using dynamic container (Vs) Pega6 leverages iFrames
-V7 portals use the traditional layout "Header Left Column" (Vs) V6 portals rely on tabs.
-V7 has "optimistic locking"; a new alternative for locking cases (Vs) V6 only offers traditional locking.
-REST based integration is now mainstream with V7 (Vs) SOAP was mainstream in V6.2.
All the new users are developing their application in Pega 7.
And most of the existing clients are upgrading from Pega 6 seemlessly using inbuilt upgrade functionalities.
Hope it answers your query. Kindly mark it answered if it does.