Posted: 14 Mar 2018 2:29 EDT Last activity: 6 Nov 2018 20:02 EST
Pega Robotic Configuration for Production and Development
Looking answers for two below points. This is first time we are setting up Pega Robotic environment and excuse if you find below queries are basic.
1) 1 TB storage space is required to setup Pega Robotic Package server . This configuration is mentioned in Pega Robotic Sever Package installation guide .
Customer is asking Justification why such big storage required . How can we calculate the size of disk space required for automation projects ? Do we have any Formula or parameter to be considered to calculate storage sizing ?
2) Do we need Pega Robotic development environment ? As we know all the development happens on the developer machine on Pega Robotic Studio IDE.
3) How Pega Robotics studio supports parallel development . For example , if we have 20 screens to automate and we want to distribute among 5 developers 5 screens each to automate . What is the merging strategy ?
Thanks for time .
***Edited by moderator, Maryrita: moved to Product Support from Applications***
1) You need to allocate enough storage for each solution that you plan on developing and each version that you plan on pushing will be created in an archive. This is the main reason that the pega server requires having a large amount of space.
2) Yes, we require a development environment in order to use Pega Robotics.
3) Most companies use source control when developing with Pega Robotics.