Extracted all folders and ran Install.bat as instructed. Install proceeds then is Unable to connect to database. I had similar issue in the past and tried the same resolution described in this Community post. This did not work here.
It mentions an existing directory so I wondered if the 8.3 instance I have was conflicting. I did not want to lose the 8.3 as I am actively building test and demo implementations on it. PE 8.3 is no longer working after trying to install 8.4
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update Platform Capability tags****
I unfortunately did not have another drive on my company or personal laptop so could not try this approach though I had still tried different directories. I just decided for timely resolution to dump 8.3. I uninstalled 8.3 and started 8.4 install clean. It works now. Thanks for the reply!