Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:05 EST Last activity: 30 Jan 2020 10:52 EST
Product gap analysis vs Solution implementation gap analysis
In the course LSA v8, chapter "How to customize a Pega application" there is a note which says:
The solution implementation gap analysis differs from the product gap analysis. The product gap analysis is performed early in the sales cycle to determine if the Pega application is a right fit for the organization, or if a custom application is required.
It is not clear for me. Can someone explain me with some example the difference between Solution implementation and Product gap analysis?
Disclaimer: I do not work for Sales. Below is my interpretation of what "Product Gap" and "Solution Gap" mean. This may not be what the author of the material meant by those terms.
8>< - - - - - - - - - ><8
Product gap: Pega is not intended to be a Swiss Army knife / golden hammer for every situation,
Pega can be “overkill” for something that a home-grown, custom application could do just as well.
Using Pega only as an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is a classic example.
Solution gap: Analysis may determine that a Pega product meets 90% of the desired functionality, and can be implemented in rapid fashion. In the interim, development can occur in parallel on the remaining 10%.