We are upgrading our application from pega6.2 sp2 to pega722. Below are the steps we performed
1. Moved complete data from current single schema to new schema(to be used as data schema after upgrade)
2. Performed all the upgrade steps on new data and new rule schema.
3. After that we figured out while moving data from old single schema to new single schema we missed the data in the table pr_data_admin
4. So we manually imported the data into this table from rule schema as upgrade pr_data_admin exist in rule schema also(upgraded during rule upgrade as table exist in this schema also our assumption)
5. Now we tried to restart the application but prpc_wls_jee4.EAR application is not getting up. Its failing with error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/pega/pegarules/internal/bootstrap/BaseLogger. Attaching the serverlog file.
If anyone faced this issue please let me know the resolution
When did you imported the pr_data_admin data before or after the upgrade. This table is very critical during the upgrade.If you have imported after the upgrade I will strongly recommend to perform the upgrade cleaner without any manual imports.
I have checked the logs look like it is trying to bring up the server with Pega 6.2 version and it is getting failed.
com.pega.pegarules.internal.bootstrap.PRMiniLoader> <BEA-000000> <Will load phase 2 bootstrap from Pega-EngineCode:06-02-20>
After successfully deployed Pega 7.2.2. EAR file, we're able to login to Pega 7.2.2. platform with administrator ID. However we've found out that our application operator IDs are not working to access the system. During our analysis, we've figured-out that data (Application related accessgroups..etc.) is missing in PR_Data_Admin table.
We've manually imported the data from Rules Schema to Data Schema. After this, prpc_wls_jee4.ear has been redeployed and getting the error what mentioned earlier.
However we again restored DB to normal state (Removing the manually imported data in PR_Data_Admin table), even then prpc_wls_jee4.ear throwing same error and failed to start to Pega.
Just a clarification, it is supposed to start Pega 7.2.2 engine and not sure why it is showing Pega Engine 06.02 version.
Do we need to go back to previous step of upgrade and perform upgrade on Data Schema passing dataOnly true to ensure that PR_Data_Admin table and its data undergoes upgrade process cleaner?