I'm trying to save pyLabel property to an object class: XXX-XX-Work-SA and increasing the size of the property to 128.
I increased the column in the database table to 256, I saved the instance of the table in pega, saved the class and also tested the connection but none of the above is working and I'm still getting the below error message and the length reverts back to 64:
Because property is exposed in a database column, 128 has been changed to 64 to conform to base property definition.
Any Idea on how to increase the pyLabel only for a specific class?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Here are the more detailed steps from the local-change: (please check if you followed them)
1) Save as pylabel from @baseclass to the specific class where you are using it.
2) Change the max length property and save it.
3) Go to Database table corresponding to that class and change the column length of the pylabel column using alter commands.
4) Open the corresponding datatable instance in designer studio and do a test connection. After that just save the rule.(This is the key step to regenerate the entry code of the property which contains information regarding the max length validation)
5) Now revalidate and save any activities or data transforms which refer to this property.