I have a repeating grid with a data page as its source (which in its turn reads from a report definition). My problem is that the grid only loads 500 results from the data page (while there are around 4K results).
I've looked around but wasn't able to find any option or setting that would allow me to make the grid load all the results of the data page.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to update Category***
You can enter settings for some of these options on the Designer Studio> Reporting > Settings landing page that will serve as defaults for all reports.
Maximum number of rows to retrieve
Optional. Specify a maximum number of rows of results to retrieve for the report. As a best practice during testing, accept the default value 500. If you leave this field blank, the system enforces a limit of 500 rows.
If you exceed the established limit, the rows that have been retrieved are displayed, and the report header displays the total number of rows. No error dialog or error message display, and an error is not written to a log.
When the Use Paging check box on the User Interactions tab is selected, this value is ignored (and not available). You can advance through pages with no limit.
I did change the settings of the report to retrieve up to 5000 records, and when I run the report I get all the results. Before I changed this setting, the report would retrieve all the results but when I tried to run the Data Page reading from it, I would only get 500 results.
Now, and after I changed the number of records that the report retrieves, both the Report and the Data Page retrieve all the results, but the grid that reads from that Data Page only shows 500.
I get all the results. It's very weird as the Data Page on it's own returns all results as well. But it's not reflected in the Clipboard. I'm going to try and delete the Data Page and re-create it (or flush it from the Clipboard somehow).
On another note, when we enable Paging in a Report Definition, the system should ignore the max number of records to retrieve and should actually return all results. When I enable paging and run the report, this is indeed the case (I get all the results). But for the Data Page that is reading from that report, only 500 results are shown when I run that Data Page. I don't know if it's just my thinking or this is indeed an erroneous behavior.