Retaining filter properties in a grid even after refresh
We have an use-case in our application.
1. In the Home Page we have a grid
2. User selects some filtering options in the grid and clicks on a particular item in the grid.
3. By clicking on the item, it will land in the work object of that item (which is in a different tab)
4. User performs some action on the work object and goes back to home grid (which is in a different tab)
5. Now we want the Grid to be refreshed. Since the work object status might be resolved and it has to be reflected as resolved.
6. But we want the earlier selected filtering options to be persisted in the Grid. Since if we don't persist the filtering option, the grid will show all the hundreds of items again and user has to select all the filters again.
Please suggest a solution.
Thanks in advance!
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to update platform capability tags***
This is expected behavior in the platform. The filter/sorting applied on the grid columns are lost once the section is refreshed.
To mitigate the issue, we proposed a solution like, save the filtered records of a home grid and work object status of the second tab in a Page and refer that Page in an activity in the 'Refresh' action set and see if that helps.
Thank you for posting your query in the PSC. This looks like an inactive post and hence, we suggest you create a new post for your query. Click on the Write Post button here. Once created, please reply here with the URL of the new post.
You may also refer this discussion link as a reference in the new thread.