Section from Data Class does not appear in Work Class
Good Evening. Hope you all had a great week.
I have come across a very weird issue which blocks me from embedding section into user interface from Data class to Work class.
I created a section "ClaimantDetail" based on a Data Type "Claimant" under the Data class. I then created a section under my Work class which i named "CaptureClaimantDetail". The idea was to embed the section i created under Data class into my Work Class for better re usability. But when i preview the user interface from Work Class, I got empty screen without any fields on screen as opposed to my expectation.
Following were the steps i carried out to make sure all configurations are done properly to render the user interface as expected.
1. Created a section "ClaimantDetails" under Data Class.
2. Created a section "Capture Claimant Details" under Work Class and embedded the section "Claimant Details" into it.
3. Verified the tab "Pages & Classes" to make sure the Clipboard page name was given properly under the section "Capture Claimant Details".
4. Cross checked the Data transform "pySetFieldDefaults" under my work class to make sure the Clipboard page will be created when the Case is created.
5. When i previewed the section "Capture Claimant Details" from my Work Class, i got nothing on screen.
6. I have also cross checked the cell properties of my Work Class from the canvas.
I have also attached the following screens for your reference, to verify the data model i created under Parent process.
I appreciate your time and valuable opinion to sort out this issue. Thanks.
Thanks for your response. I chose the option "Use Clipboard Property" under "Page Context" to embed the section from Data class. Can you let me know if your suggestion is different to Gayatri's? If so can you give me the instructions to do so?
do not Include the section inside dynamic layout[Sometines including section in dynamic layout gives issues], include it in parallel to dynamic layout. also cross verify whether your pySetFieldDefauls is being called from pyDefault or not.
I have tried this scenario, where i am including the data class section in the work class section, you need to create a property of type page in the work class and give the applies to has data class and then before you render the section there will some OOTB activities getting called you can use that activity or data transform and set some value to some property on the Page u have created.then render the section it should work.
In the data transform, rather than setting the value for pyLabel, can you try setting any value for data class specific property. i.e. .claimantDetails.FirstName = "Test" and include the DT as preload DT to flow action.