We are facing an issue with special characters such as +, ', & etc when communicating the message via XML to the external sytems. We are using JMS calls to send and receive the XML messages.
The above mentioned special chars are converted to HTML code in both in XML sent to target system and Portal view (on a pop up window where we read the message from our internal commlog table). The strange behaviour in Pega is that in one call the special chars are displayed fine but in another they are displayed as HTML codes. We are using the same configuration in both calls – JMS call, Property-Set-XML, Data Transform etc. the same text is displayed fine in one call (i.e.”Rue de l’Autonomie” , “ADSL+’, but not fine in another (i.e. “Rue de l'Autonomie” , “ADSL+”.
I have tried to play around with the special chars text by manually hard coding the values in the Data Transform and can see when for instance I am entering adslme+ it is showing the + char fine on the portal and XML, but when using adsl+ the + char is being converted to HTML code. What is the cause of this behaviour in Pega?
In XML Stream rules we are using standard mode for mapping.
How can we fix this issue? Can you please advise?
Thanks a lot in advance.
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to update Categories***
In 7.1.8 as I recall the special characters like '+' and '_' had some issues, and there were couple of hotfixes shared for the same. You may request for a hotfix for this reported behaviour. However you may get it through by putting the special characters as <!CDATA['+']>
Thanks for your reply. We have already implemented HFIX22647 and HFIX32141 but with no luck. I am looking for a permanent and generic fix for this issue. As the special chars are coming in a response XML from external systems and because we are using ParseXML and PropertySetXML in several places I would like to implement a generic solution where I will not be manipulating the text after we received it or before we send it to external systems (e.g. by replaceAll).
Request XML message with special chars received from source system
Parsed successfully into an internal data model page
Applied PropertySetXML and request message sent to target system [special chars fine on User Portal and in XML]
Response XML message with special chars received from target system
Parsed successfully into an internal data model page [special chars fine on User Portal]
Applied PropertySetXML and message sent back to source system [special chars NOT fine on User Portal and XML – shown as HTML code]