Just a note in case this might help others: The VM I downloaded had a problem in which the stream server would never start properly, which wound up impacting Search functionality. Digging through the logs I found Kafka error messages indicating host 'pega7' was not found. I wasn't able to figure out where the pega7 hostname was being referenced, but I simply added it in the VM's /etc/hosts file and this worked for me. It did take two restarts, however, as after the first restart the search files were corrupted (though I verified the stream server now started properly). After the second restart all seems well and I'm gettin expected Search updates quickly.