Posted: 14 Apr 2016 11:11 EDT Last activity: 2 May 2016 11:35 EDT
System-User-Achievement error in log - unrecognized class and purpose. Does anyone know what this could be?
We just recently started seeing the below error in our logs and don't recognize it. We are on Pega7 7.2GA with multi-node clusters and High Availability enabled.
It appears like a user may have triggered some feature which resulted in the agent processing to kick off and try to save/update the instance in the System-User-Achievement class, but fails. It is not something enabled in our Rule-Access-Role-Obj and Rule-Access-Role-Name instances.
13 Apr 2016 21:16:05,239 [ PegaRULES-Batch-5] (internal.access.Saver) ERROR userIDShownHere- You are not authorized to save instance SYSTEM-USER-ACHIEVEMENT USERIDSHOWNHERE!MOBILE-APP-BUILD, of class System-User-Achievement
1. What is the System-User-Achievement class and its purpose/intent?
2. How and where would it be used (User portal, developer portal, reporting, etc)?
3. Security, Roles, Privileges involved in granting access to the User and Batch Agents?
4. Landing Page for configuration or portal?
5. Enabling and Disabling this feature (can it be disabled, should it be)?
System-User-Achievements class is for achievements/badges for tracking various actions for express users.
System-User-Achievements records are used to read the achievements information. For each achievement there will be a record with the user, creation information. These are created whenever an achievement is achieved by a user. These can be used to understand the achievements of a particular user
Thanks Arvind - seems like an over use of "Achieve" in the description to me. It doesn't accurately reflect the who, what, when, where, why type questions. :-) I get what it can do and the overall intent - just not why it suddenly started to appear in the logs or any of the questions (1-5 above) to be answered.
There are two sides to this scenario.
1. The person(s) receiving an achievement/badge for something he/she did from a user perspective, and
2. then the development side to "enable" this feature to work. That involves the rules, security, processes to enable and support the options to grant those achievements.
I reached out to engineering and was provided additional information about Achievements. There are no documents available at this time which explain its use and purpose. However, as the name implies, an achievement is provided to users based on certain activities/processes they perform. While no users were setup to use this process, we saw the exception in our log files. It was determined that the authorization error is a known bug in 7.2GA.
There is a hotfix available to correct the erroneous error that is shown in the logs as reported in my original post. There is no harm being done, since the configuration isn't enabled - it is just extra noise in the logs. A hot fix does exist and an SR would be required by anyone needing it for their environment(s).