UI Control created dynamically during each Interrogation
We are trying to create Automation to automate a task from Pega Customer Service app by triggering a RDA to an application built on Guidewire tool. So when we try to interrogate and capture the controls, it main page's control is changing dynamically. In attached screenshot, I'm trying to capture the 'Account' link on the home page in order to trigger the search but during each interrogation the control is created dynamically at different layer like mainForm-->Account, mainForm1--->Account1, mainForm2--->Account2. I did try other match rules on the mainForm control but didn't work. Since all other controls post this are getting created under this, we are unable proceed with building the automation. Please let me know on how to capture this as a unique control and proceed with Automation. Thanks!
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update SR Details***
Based on your screenshot, it looks like the parent form is using a match rule that changes each time. I would look at the difference between it when it matches and when it does not and see if there's a difference.
mainForm control is created by 'Form Name Match Rule' where it is matched by HtmlName of 'mainForm'. Attached are the details of the control match rule for each of the interrogation. Also i sent the InnerHtml and OuterHtml details directly to you in private message. Please take a look and let me know of anything needed. Thanks!
The page is created by 2 match rules namely Document Url Match Rule and Document Title Match Rule. Page always shows as matched only difference i could see is the Text(sent you in private msg) containing different SessionID in Document Url Match Rule. If i removed Document Url Match Rule and just keep Document Title Match Rule also, it is still forming 2 Pages while interrogating and also matching them. Attached screenshots for your reference. Left with Control Children Match Rule which i haven't tried. Please let me know on how to uniquely match this Page control. Thanks!
Since I don't have access to interrogate with you, I would suggest that you look at the URL match rule and see if there are any differences between the two pages that you can use to include or exclude the one you don't want. Absent that, you can use a ControlChildren match rule, but that is slower. A third strategy would be to enable UseKeys on the page allowing it to match multiple copies of itself. At runtime (i.e. in an automation), you could iterate through the clones and use the key for the one that contains the child elements you are looking for. I would only do that if you needed to attach to both though as that would get more complicated.
Sorry for the delay in response as I was out last week.
With respect to the comparison between 2 pages of the Document URL match rule and then include/exclude the ones needed, I'm was able to edit only the Selected Match field values for Document Title match rule alone. Document URL Match rule attributes looks identical. Attached is the screenshot for the same.
Also Thomas, we raised SR-D30575 to work with Pega Robotics team directly but was asked to work in the community forum. But is it possible to reopen this SR so that we can work directly with a screenshare and get it resolved quickly. Thanks!
I notice that the one URL has a query and the other does not. You should be able to use the Query portion of the URL match rule to include or exclude the one without a query. Not knowing anything about your original SR, I cannot really comment. You are always able to re-open an SR if it is not resolved satisfactorily.