Unable to view images in a downloaded PDF on click of button
We have a section containing Rich Text Editor(to upload images).There is a preview option in Other Actions drop down from where we do a preview of the WO details.In this preview all the details including the text and images (added in Rich Text Editor Field) are displayed in read only.In this Preview Section there is a button to download the details as a PDF generated file.Currently we have implemented Open URL in Window action on click of this button and calling a activity here.In this activity, we have set the parameters accordingly and called OOTB activity "pyViewAsPDF".When we click on button, it is working fine for all the text added in the WO but the images added in Rich Text Editor are not getting displayed (only blank space is there for images) in generated PDF.
Please suggest any changes to be done or any new approach for this.
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to add Categories***
Do you know the *exact* procedure being used to upload an image to the Rich Text Editor ?
There are three distinct ways that I know of: and one of them will result in missing images when HTMLTOPDF is used to convert the HTML to PDF.
1. 'Upload' an image. (ie. click an icon, browse, upload).
2. 'Drag and Drop' and image. (Drag an existing , named image file from a folder to the RTE).
3. CTRL-A , CTRL-C (directly from 'paint' etc) then CTRL-V directly into the RTE. (This is the one which will result in a missing images).
If you are using the 3rd option, please raise a SR.
1. I hope you are using OOTB HTMLTOPDF Activity (or API call 'PDFUtilsImpl' etc ?)
2. Could be a cache issue also?Try clearing DB cache
3. There can be an issue with PD4ML library cache mechanism. Clear the cache by setting "param.isClearCache=true" prior to invoking the "HTMLToPDf" activity. This action is recommended by the PD4ML forums.