Upgrade estimator tool is not refreshing & showing the failure message even after restart.
I am getting below failure screen while trying to run the upgrade estimator tool. I tried to run the tool & it very long time (more than 2hrs), so I restarted server and same screen is getting displayed. So I believe Pega applicaiton is storing the status within DB or on the file system. Can anyone recommend me my next steps
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
I had faced the same issue what was mentioned above and could able to resolve the issue with provided comments. Thanks for useful information.
Now I am facing a new issue, I am using this tool to calculate the effort by using calculate option. It is showing 0% and I couldn't able to see any progress even after waiting for long time. Can you please help us on this.
Note: I could able to get results from other options in the tool like- rule summary, rule sets etc. Facing issue with only calculate Effort.
The progress bar that comes up after clicking the "Calculate effort" button is not dynamic. So to the see the progress, you need to click the refresh button that appears on the screen once the effort estimation starts.
Actually i' am getting fail exception when im performing calculate effort. This is due to EFFORTESTIMATES table. It was mentioned that this table doesn't required to create if we are running PRPC 6.2 or earlier versions. Im using 6.1 version. when im running calculate effort it is checking for this table existence and getting fail exception. Can you please help me on this if you have any idea.
See reply from support team on similar issue in the link below where it has been indicated to create the table considering .sql which gets generated while performing the RAP import. Can you see if that works..
Can you please help us how to get DDL files location to download it from PRPC, and at the same time it was mentioned in below URL that it is not required to create table if application version is below 6.2. We are using 6.1 version. But it is still searching for table. We need solution to over come fail exception and to calculate effort.
EFFORTESTIMATES table is required to calculate the effort despite of any PRPC version. However it gets created automatically as part of UET import process for versions 6.2 or later versions. DDL to create the table is available in the Script folder in the downloaded zip file.
Learning repository gives the additional efforts, mainly, frameworks or strategic application rework details into the upgrade estimator using this SOAP. If this SOAP fails then the additional effort will not be considered as part of the effort calculation and it will not affect the scanning and estimating rework effort of your application.
Thanks for the update. Actually my concern is that tool should work irrespective of this learning repository as per the Update estimator tool guide. We did not import Learning repository into our application. So service is getting failed and is not allowing to proceed further. I don't want the Learning repository into my application. Can you guide me how to over come this issue so that I can calculate the effort.