In Pega 7.4: We have a work object for manager approval. Historically, the manager opens the work object and clicks a button in the assignment to advance the flow to the next step. We would like to provide a URL that we can put somewhere so the manager can click it and have it advance the flow on click of that URL. Is this possible?
My thought is the URL can be used to call an Activity which may be able to open the work object by handle and then complete the assignment. I am not sure what Method can do this, though.
If anyone has ideas, that would be very helpful. Thanks!
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update Platform Capability tags****
Thank you for the response. We would like to put a link in an email, but that email is generated by a utility managed outside of Pega. I may be mistaken, but for the suggestion at the link, it requires that Pega be the one that sends the email. Is that right?
Posted: 1 month ago
Updated: 1 month ago
Posted: 17 Aug 2021 13:53 EDT Updated: 17 Aug 2021 13:55 EDT
In that case, check with the owner of that external utility on the possibility of following approach -
1. Email body can have links embedded, that can automatically open up a reply email window with predefined subject line, when clicked 
2. Ideally, that external utility should embed two links/URL - one for approve and one for Rejection (depending on your Business use case)
3. Each link will populate reply email subject line with different phrases - e.g. Approved, Rejected etc.
4. When a manage clicks on one of the links, an reply email will open up in outlook (assuming that is your email client) with the predefined subject line prepopulated, and manager just have to hit Send button.
5. You need to have an email listener to catch those incoming emails, and do the case processing depending on the Subject line of email.
Note: Ideally subject line should also have the id of the case for easier email processing. But, it can be in the mail body as well. It will be needed to open up the relevant case.
I see from the example in the Service Email rule where the email portions are parsed into properties. However it looks like this example creates a new work object rather than advancing an existing one. So that's the part I'm not sure on is how that will look different for me.