Posted: 2 Oct 2017 2:57 EDT Last activity: 16 Oct 2018 12:03 EDT
WordMerge operation deep dive
We are having a bit of issue with Word merge operation which has worked fine for years but having problems after IE11 installations on the the clients computers.
We have moved from ActiveX contrall to SL plugin in most of the use cases but one use case is a bit different and we are having a major issue with that.
The one case is that we are having issue is the customised version of the WordMergeButton control. The original control creates three document from three different document templates. The developers has extended this component to do that and written some codes in order to create this feature. The problem is, they are not working for us anymore
I have reverse engineered some parts of the code and did similar staff for the SilverLight plugin ... not I can trigger Ms Word three times and also can manipulate the first document of the three. The others, possibly being downloaded to same path with same name which is a issue for MS operations systems.
Here is the screen shot of the current situation
As you can see, the first document in first MS Word instance is ok, but the others comes with this warning screen.
I think we need to change the file name for each document as they seem all have "WordMergeTemplate.doc". I am not sure about how and where we set this name. If I find it, I may try to change the name based on the actual template name.
What do you think ?
Any help will be appreciated!
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
WordMergeTemplate has macro enabled template. So You can generate only one document with one template. So according to your expectation you can use CreateMergedWordDoc section and pass your word templates for multiple document merging.
It has been some time but I have managed to solve my issue.
First of all, It is not easy to handle MS Word instances those are triggered by Pega SL plugin. As a result of this, You have some limitations to extend the capabilities. In our case, we have convinced that It is impossible to implement exactly same feature which is implemented with ActiveX sometime ago. Of course without touching the SL pluging code...
By doing that, we have managed three different FileSources of these documents. Finally we have used these FileSources (FileSourceA, FileSourceB and FileSourceC in my case) in an activity to attach them to our flow.