Posted: 19 Jul 2017 12:55 EDT Last activity: 6 Nov 2018 20:02 EST
CRM.EXE gives an error when calling through Windows Adapter (Windows 7 Professional, Robotics Studio version 8.0.1039.0.)
I am enrolled in Pega Robotic Automation Architect Essentials, working on "Working with Windows Adapters". I’m running on Windows 7 Professional with Robotics Studio version 8.0.1039.0.
I’ve got a problem with the interrogating with a windows application. When I try to start interrogation (in this case the Path has been set to CRM) I’m getting the following error: "CRM.exe has stopped working". See the attached screenshot.
When I start CRM.exe manually it works without any errors. See the attached screenshot.
With IE, Notepad and Calc I get the same error, but when I give in the Path a TXT file or XLS then it open the application without an error.
Any help would be great!
--- Error Message
Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
Fault Module Name:ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version:6.1.7601.23807
Fault Module Timestamp:5915fdce
Additional Information 1:0211
Additional Information 2:02115813a6114f309005646bc1dcd19d
Additional Information 3:2289
Additional Information 4:22899c93841c58ef977d0fe953a15204
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Do you have some security software that could be blocking Pega Robotics from injecting into these applications? Some security (antivirus/malware) applications interpret our injection as something that needs to get blocked. If not, I would suggest that you open an SR to have a support representative examine your specific machine.
If you do open an SR, please post the SR number here for tracking purposes.
The following article will be help you in creating an SR-
1. Support will ask you to upgrade your installation to the latest version. To get the software, guess what ?, you need to create an SR (now, you are happy to be attach to an account! ;-) ... if not follow the previous steps)
Software download? Create a Support Request (SR) with Request Type as Media Request To download a new version, you must create another SR - Click https://msp.pega.com and Create a new SR; select the Request Type as Media Request and then proceed to fill in the other details.
2. Once you have an answer, you will probably start a WebEx and talk to Support Specialist. In my case the analysis result was "the blocking issue might be the company virus scanner".
--- If your are as lucky as I`m and your IT security specialist in in vacation for the next 2 weeks and no one else knows the password to deactivate the virus scanner or change the settings then here a work-around with a Virtual Machine.
1. Go to MS Developer (Test Microsoft Edge and versions of IE8 through IE11 using free virtual machines you download and manage locally), choose favorite your system (win7, win81 or win10). Be aware that Robotics does not work with win8. It needs to have win8-Service Pack 1.
2. Download a virtual machine (I would recommend to download win7 since it is the smaller one)
3. Install a VM Viewer software (I recommend Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager)
4. Read recommendations, start your VM and upgrade it with .NET 4.6 or newer and
5. Install Pega Robotics Studio in the VM.
I wish you do not any issues with the installation of Robotics, but if I hope this helps you!
Carlos.. this is solid advice! Just one thing to add for anyone reading this, Support always wants logs! So if you open an SR, it saves a lot of time for Support if a log is provided at the start of the issue. I think logs can be a little confusing for Robotics but as a rule... if it is a Robotics Studio or Interrogation problem, give them a StudioLog.txt. If it is an automation issue (you're running the project with the debugger) then they will need a RuntimeLog.txt. The logs are enabled in the Tools -> Options file menu and they can be found in the %appdata%/OpenSpan folder.
With that said, the PSC is definitely the fastest way to get help or advice! If a user advises a test on a post then most assuredly Support will ask the same... so it is more beneficial to try this all first and then if nothing works, let Support know everything you tried already.